Contra Costa SVdP lists programs for those in need
St. Vincent de Paul of Contra Costa County provides assistance for those in need and the underserved in our communities, because many in the Bay Area have not participated in the economic recovery, and many families and individuals struggle to make ends meet. Every person and family deserves food, shelter, clothing and other basic human services. SVdP provides compassionate assistance, upholding the dignity of each person. SVdP hosts a variety of programs at our Family Resource Center at 2210 Gladstone Drive, Pittsburg, and local assistance through 28 branches throughout the county.
• Dining room: SVdP partners with Loaves & Fishes of Contra Costa County to provide free, hot meals to the hungry every weekday.
• Food pantry: SVdP partners with the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, restaurants and supermarkets to provide emergency groceries to individuals and families in need every weekday. Our neighborhood-based branches operate 21 additional food pantries throughout the county.
• Rotacare Pittsburg Free Medical Clinic at St. Vincent de Paul: SVdP works in partnership with 10 Rotary clubs and RotaCare Bay Area to provide quality medical care to uninsured adults with acute or chronic medical conditions. Patients receive free medical care from volunteer medical providers.
• Dental program: In partnership with La Clinica, SVdP operates a dental assistance program to give uninsured members of the community access to dental exams and X-rays.
• The Workforce Development Program helps those with barriers to employment, (low educational attainment, incarceration, addiction, homelessness), overcome their past and forge a new future with hope and opportunity. SVdP provides paid transitional employment, on-the-job training, mentoring and work experience in a 24-week program.
• Daytime shelter: In partnership with the Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County, in the Winter Nights Shelter program, the daytime shelter at the SVdP Family Resource Center provides a daytime refuge for homeless families, so those experiencing homelessness have a warm, comfortable environment to come to daily, with showers.
• St. Vincent de Paul partners with Catholic Charities of the East Bay and Seasons of Sharing to provide rental housing assistance to prevent individuals and families from becoming homeless.
All donations to SVdP of Contra Costa County remain in Contra Costa to help our neighbors in need. We are a volunteer-led organization, established in 1964.
Donate your time, talent or resources by contacting us at www.svdp-cc.org; to arrange for pick-up of clothing, furniture, etc., 925-439-5060 and to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
back to top