|March 23, 2015 • VOL. 53, NO. 6 • Oakland, CA|
| 10 tips for Lent
During Lent, these are some ways to help us grow stronger in our faith and our relationship to Jesus:
1. Try to go daily to Mass.
2. Attend the Stations of the Cross.
3. Read the Bible, or attend Bible classes in your parish.
4. Make a visit to the church during the day and spend some time in prayer in front of the Blessed Sacrament
5. Contribute to the Rice Bowl Collection during Lent to help others around the world.
6. Pray the Rosary. Pray the Stations of the Cross in the church.
7. Work on trying to overcome some bad habits that might not please our loving God.
8. Abstain from meat on the Fridays of Lent.
9. Give up some pleasure that we can do without and offer it to God out of love for Him.
10. Be nice. Be happy. Be prayerful. Be loving. Be forgiving. Be caring and see if it helps to reduce our blood pressure, our stress and makes us feel good.
(Father Larry Young is pastor at St. Patrick Church, Rodeo.)
|Copyright © 2015 The Catholic Voice, All Rights Reserved. Site design by Sarah Kalmon-Bauer.|