| St. Paul celebrates 150 years
St. Paul Parish in San Pablo, one of the oldest parishes in the Diocese of Oakland, will celebrate its 150th anniversary June 27-29.
St. Paul was established in 1864 as a mission of Old St. Mary's in Oakland. It became a parish with a resident pastor in 1869.
There will be a buffet dinner ($75 each) at Hs' Lordship's restaurant in Berkeley beginning at 6 p.m. June 27. A celebration Mass with Bishop Michael C. Barber, SJ, presiding, will be at 2 p.m. June 29, the day of Sts. Peter and Paul. A reception will follow.
For more information, dial 510-232-5931. St. Paul Parish is at the corner of Church Lane and Dover Avenue, San Pablo.
back to top