| Filipino tradition celebrated
in many of our parishes
Simbang Gabi, the Filipino tradition of a novena of Masses preceding Christmas Eve, is observed Dec. 15-24 in many individual parishes.
The Cathedral of Christ the Light, 2121 Harrison St., Oakland, will host a kick-off Simbang Gabi gathering of all the parishes in the diocese at 7 p.m. Dec. 11 with a reception following at 8 p.m.
If not listed below, check with your parish for possible Simbang Gabi activities.
The following parishes had scheduled events by The Voice's deadline:
• Good Shepherd Parish, 3200 Harbor St., Pittsburg, will have a full nine day novena at 5 a.m. Dec. 16-24. Contact Rev. Carl Arcosa, 925-432-6404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Holy Spirit Parish, 37588 Fremont Blvd., Fremont, will celebrate Masses daily at 5:30 a.m. Dec. 16-24; breakfast and fellowship will follow. Contact, Sylvia Aljentera at 510-683-3998 or email@example.com; www.holyspiritfremont.org.
• Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish, 40382 Fremont Blvd., Fremont, will have Masses at 6 a.m. Dec. 16-24. Contact, Corrie Budnik, firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-396-5419.
• St. Joachim Parish, 21250 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward will have Masses at 5:30 a.m. Dec. 16-24 followed by breakfast in the gym. The Knights of Columbus, St. Joachim Council 15317 is spearheading the event this year. Contact Ron Ytem, email@example.com.
• St. Joan of Arc Parish, 2601 San Ramon Valley Blvd., San Ramon, will have Masses at 7 p.m. Dec. 16-23 and at 5:30 a.m. Dec. 24. Information, 925-830-0600.
• St. John the Baptist Parish, 11150 San Pablo Ave., El Cerrito, will celebrate Simbang Gabi from Dec. 15-23. Mass times (to be followed by a light meal in the Conference Room) will be: 6 p.m. Dec. 15, 7 p.m. Dec. 16- 20, 5 p.m. Dec. 21, 6 p.m. Dec. 22 and 7 p.m. Dec. 23. Contact Bernie Juat, 510-526-5828 or Zeny Miguel 510-222-1375 or www.sjtbc.us.
• St. Joseph/Old Mission San Jose, 43148 Mission Blvd., Fremont, celebrates Simbang Gabi with Mass at 6 a.m. Dec. 21 followed by breakfast at 7 a.m. in St. Joseph Parish Hall. Contact, Mike Roy, 510-303-6280.
• St. Joseph Parish, 837 Tennent Ave., Pinole, will have Mass at 5 a.m. Dec. 16-24. Contact, Aida Torres, 510-724-6409.
• St. Philip Neri-St. Albert Parish will host Simbang Gabi Mass at St. Albert the Great Church, 1022 Holly St., Alameda, at 5 a.m. Dec. 16-24 followed by breakfast. Contact Mary Ann or Margaret at the parish office, 510-373-5200, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• St. Leander Parish, 550 W. Estudillo Ave., San Leandro, will have Masses at 5:30 a.m. Dec. 16-24. Contacts: Frank Mamerto, 510-567-3123, email@example.com; Tess Morales, 510-568-7962, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Juliet L. Ramirez, 510-823-4487, email@example.com.
• St. Patrick Parish, Rodeo-Hercules, 825 Seventh St., Rodeo, will have Masses at 5 a.m. Dec. 16-24. Dial 510-799-4406 for more information.
• All Saints Catholic Church, 22824 Second St.,Hayward, Masses at 6 a.m. Dec. 15-23 in the chapel. Breakfast follows in the Senior Hospitality Center. Contact, Thelma Desiderio-Valera, 510-914-4076.
back to top